The house was built in 1740 with additions and modifications that took place in about 1810, 1850, and 1880. The house was extensively remodeled in 1955. It is the oldest known house in Yonkers and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It has also acted as a base of operations for the Yonkers Historical Society.
Also on the property is a one and one half story caretaker's cottage and a barn. Both were built in approximately 1850.
The candlelight tour will be held from 4 pm - 6 pm on Sunday, December 8, 2013. It marks the Yonkers Ghost Investigators' 250th investigation.